Follow the instructions below:
- Go to the Control Panel via Start.
- Go to System (Switch to Classic View on the left side).
- Go to the Hardware tab.
- Click on Device Manager.
- Click '+' next to Ports (COM & LPT).
- Remember which port (xx) is assigned to 'the Barcode scanner (COM xx)'.
- Close the screens and Control Panel
- Right-click on the barcode icon at the bottom right of the Windows clock
- Click on Settings1
- Select the found COM (port) xx and click OK.
The scanner beeps and is ready to use.